A Firmex VDR is a cloud-based data room software that provides users with secure data centers for storing their data. Firmex keeps data securely locked away with a guarantee of bank-level security and strict compliance with a wide range of international privacy laws, including HIPAA, SOC 2, among others.
This platform also offers advanced Data Rights Management (DRM), two-factor authentication, dynamic watermarking, and other security features. The virtual data room also has tools for collaboration, such as tracing and versioning.
Pros and cons of a Firmex VDR
- Watermarks to indicate who downloaded a document and when
- User-friendly interface with an intuitive folder structure
- Drag-and-drop document uploading
- Secure-user access
- Not very robust due to limited integrations
- Limited user analytics
Firmex data room is a HIPAA-compliant virtual data room with a wide range of features that help small and large firms store, manage, and share data securely.
The primary components of this tool include document management and security. It also makes it possible to send user invitations, monitor user activity and is valuable for auditing and reporting.
The main features of the Firmex VDR are:
- Access Controls/Permissions. Admins can set permissions for users and groups. This determines who can access what. The secure sign-in feature ensures secure entry, and the “view as” feature allows you to see what a specific user can see.
- Redaction. Personal, sensitive, or identifiable information can be redacted within the software for confidential file sharing.
- Digital rights management. The DRM feature allows you to lock documents securely, restrict viewing or apply watermarks to a document.
- Data storage management. Firmex data room uses world-class security features to store data in a secure and encrypted environment.
- File sharing and document sharing with unique email upload feature.
Pricing information is not available for the Firmex VDR. Please contact the vendor to schedule a demo to learn more. Firmex also offers a free trial period.